Effective March 16, all regularly scheduled Boston Family Engagement Network activities on-site and in homes are suspended until further notice.
Please check your local Family Engagement Network for neighborhood locations and current updates.
During these quickly changing times, FNC and BFEN will continue to provide resources to providers and families. We will continue supporting children and referring families to available services.
You can find more information and safety tips on how to best protect yourself and your family from COVID-19 by logging on to the Department of Public Health’s website: www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus.
Wishing you all health, safety and wellbeing during these uncertain days. Together we will meet this challenge and be an even stronger community of staff, caregivers, parents and children!
For more information, contact Maria Menzi, BFEN Citywide Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-474-1143 x256; or contact Judelys Del Carmen, BFEN Parent Coordinator, at email@example.com or 617-474-1143 x279.
Please click this link to check the calendar of BFEN- VIRTUAL ACTIVITIES.
The Boston Family Engagement Network (BFEN) is a citywide coalition of nine agencies (including FNC) focused on raising awareness about the importance of family engagement in the life of a young child and emphasizing parents’ role as their child’s first teacher.
BFEN is made up of parents, caregivers, community partners, early educators, and family support workers who are invested in ensuring that beginning at birth, all young children have access to a quality educational experience—at home, in school, or in child care—that supports all areas of their development.
BFEN’s Neighborhood Agents are available five days a week to get you connected to programs like Welcome Baby, Parent-Child Playgroups, parenting education classes, and child development screenings (Ages & Stages Questionnaires or ASQs). Your family does not have to be enrolled with the agency, and there are no income restrictions to access these free community resources.
Find your local BFEN Neighborhood Agent HERE.
- Allston-Brighton Family Engagement Network – Family Nurturing Center
- Charlestown Family Engagement Network – Kennedy Family Services Center
- Dorchester Family Engagement Network – Boys & Girls Club of Dorchester
- East Boston Family Engagement Network – East Boston Social Center
- Jamaica Plain Family Engagement Network – Nurtury Learning Lab
- Roslindale Family Engagement Network – South Side Head Start
- Mattapan Family Engagement Network – Mattapan Head Start
- Roxbury Family Engagement Network – Smart from the Start-Roxbury
- South Boston Family Engagement Network – South Boston Neighborhood House
FNC is the Lead Fiscal Agent for the Coordinated Family and Community Engagement Grant from the Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC), which helps to fund the work of BFEN agencies listed above.