Dorchester Family Support Network
In Dorchester, as in all of our Networks, we engage families through Welcome Baby home visits, Parent-Child Playgroups, the Parent-Child+ Program, Parenting Education, and Child Development Screenings. Contact Tyisha Blidgen, Dorchester Family Support Network Coordinator, for more information: email@example.com or 617-474-1143 x327.
In addition, we support the well-being and healthy development of Dorchester families with the following:
- Patch program – a neighborhood-based collaboration among DCF, DYS, FNC and other agencies to provide resources and support that enhance families’ abilities to provide a safe and nurturing home environment for their children. A Patch social work team is located at our main office.
- Each One, Reach One – meetings on the first Thursday of every month to connect community service providers working with families.
- Dorchester Community Family Nurturing Program – 15-session program for the whole family, generally offered in the fall.
- Breakthrough Parenting Program – 15-session program for parents only, offered in a summer/fall and a winter/spring cycle.
- Community events for families – Fathers & Families Fun Day in June, Backpack Giveaway at Bowdoin-Geneva Community Day in August, Holiday Party in December
- Healthy Bowdoin Geneva Initiative – A project to promote social cohesion in the Bowdoin-Geneva neighborhood which connects residents with resources, events, and opportunities for leadership and collaboration. A Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) Community-based Health Initiative. Learn more at the HBG website & information hub.
- Resource and referral services and family advocacy – available to neighborhood families with children of all ages.
For more information, contact Tara Register, Dorchester CARES Coalition Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-474-1143 x263.
Language capacity of staff team: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Cape Verdean Creole, Haitian Creole, and Vietnamese.
Our Dorchester team works out of our primary location:617)4-1143
- Main Office
Family and Training Center
200 Bowdoin Street