FNC accepts donations year-round of new items we can give directly to newborns and their parents in our Welcome Baby gift bags. We will provide celebratory home visits to about 300 families in 2020.
If you’d like to do more, consider hosting a gift drive at work or having a Welcome Baby shower with your friends!
Here are some of the gifts we include in our Welcome Baby bags:
- Baby Blankets – handmade (crocheted, knitted, quilted, tied fleece) or store-bought (approx. 40”x40”).
- Baby Outfits – 6-9 months, preferably. Bargain-shop end-of-season sales!
- Baby Wipes – refill packages with 80-100 unscented wipes.
- Books for Babies – new board books in English or other languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Haitian-Creole. No cartoon or branded TV/movie characters, please.
- Safety Items – outlet covers or cabinet/drawer locks are most helpful.
- Infant Toys – rattles, teething rings, etc. MUST be BPA free (packaging will indicate).
- Gifts for Mom – whether it’s lotion, body wash, or a photo frame, new moms love receiving something for themselves!
For more information, contact Valerie Bean: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-474-1143 x224,